Friday, September 21, 2007

Another Round

So, I did another weekly courthouse trip today. At this point I've found a total of 65 foreclosure leads for my county. Last week I sent my previously collected ones to my investor but nothing seems to have come of any of it yet. Of course I had mentioned that I've lost some faith in him already, but I still haven't found any new adds or made any calls in attempt to find someone better.

This week has been a little different. At my job they've given me this choice between two possible career options. I have this feeling in the back of my mind like this is the decision point in "The Road Less Traveled", where once I make this my life will be dramatically affected.

The choice is between staying where I am and going from bug fixes to development work, and moving to the other side of the company and working as a developer for a product called Remedy. I had been trying to drum up a compromise situation, but it seems that it has to be one way or the other. While working with Remedy I would do a lot of traveling and work primarily on customer sites. If I stay and do development work, I don't have the boredom of doing bug fixes, but I don't get the excitement of travel.

I've been weighing the options positives and negatives for the past few days. While I would enjoy the excitement of doing the travel, I think at this point I'm set on the development work. I've started all these different things in my life towards my three year goal of starting a business. I feel like taking this Remedy job would cut them off and I would end up losing any chance at reaching my goal. I just took the GMATs in hopes of starting an MBA program in January, so why throw that away just for a "grass is greener" chance. Plus, if I end up hating the on site work, it would be much harder to quit that and move to something else than it would be from a developer job.

Another idea I've been playing with is being more public about this blog. I'd like to get some feedback from people about my ideas and progress. I feel like that would generate more of a drive for me to work harder towards accomplishing my goals if other people were invested. So I'm going to try to tag it on some social networking sites. I guess we'll see how it goes.

In the mean time, my goals for next week are to find and call up some more investors. I may even attend an REI meeting to see if I can find more people to work with. I might talk to my brother on Saturday about potentially getting him to go to other county courthouses and jotting down foreclosures for me.

No comments: