Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thoughts

So I'm starting to accept more and more that I can only be who I am. You can't really pretend to be someone else in hopes that the world will embrace you. Most of the time, the world is just not going to like you regardless. The only thing you can do is be true to yourself, laugh in the face of the world's rebuke, and just do what you are going to do.

Something I ponder a lot is how the world is going to remember me. You read people's wikipedia articles and there are usually one to three main points that are emphasized that are basically the summary of that person's life. I've never wanted to be summarized that way, but I guess it's a fate that is inescapable. Again, all you can do is be yourself and the world will decide what it will remember you for.

The final point is that, while you can't decide how the world will receive you, you can be the world to someone. That's my focus now. Finding someone or someones that accept me for who I am, enjoy spending time with me, and want to be a part of my life. Those are the only people whose opinion of me really matters. It's so cliche, but sadly it's true. If people can't accept who you are, then there are plenty of other people.

Life if just a big numbers game.

No comments: