Friday, August 31, 2007

Weekly Courthouse Visit

So today is Friday. I got up early and headed over to the courthouse before work. Ended up with 21 hits today. I'm not sure if that's really more than last week or not because last week I ended up stopping before getting to the end of the list so I wouldn't end up too late for work. This week I knew what I was doing so I got in, got what I needed and got out pretty quick. I did not end up looking up other types of leads other than foreclosures, but I will eventually.

I also setup a spreadsheet this week to help better organize the leads I've collected. I have papers where I wrote out all the original data still, but I feel like having it in digital form will be very helpful. Once I get a laptop I'll be able to enter and keep track of this information a lot easier. I would like to actually generate some kind of income before I make any business purchases though.

In order to continue to get closer to actually making some money, I filled out a contact form for one of the investors websites that I had found previously. They offer $3000 for a lead that ends up in a sale, so that would be a great payday. That's 3x as much as the REJ course talks about asking for a qualified lead, and these people only want some basic information about the potential property. So I'll have to wait and see how that goes.

It would be great leaps and bounds to get to a point where I feel like I can generate income outside of the normal work groove. Once I make that real connection then I should be able to start coming up with more ideas on how to generate money as well as fine tune the avenues I get to work. Back when I was doing a Quixtar business they did send me one check for something like $10. I didn't deposit it though because I felt like something was wrong. Normally they don't send you a check if you only purchase goods yourself, but my "mentor" did some shady dealing or something. I was really turned off to the whole thing and didn't want to start off on the wrong foot. I didn't like a lot of the things this guy was doing and that's what eventually pushed me to stop going to meetings or putting any effort into it.

I've been reading this guys blog (http://geniustypes.com/) where he (or I assume it's a he, might be a she), discussed different types of passive income as well as how passive they really are. It's really insightful and I feel somewhat like we are working towards the same goals. It's nice to feel like there is someone out there working with you, unlike the people I am use to who are sitting on the sidelines waiting to see if I succeed before offering any help.

I was talking with a coworker at lunch about potential business plans in the future. He was saying how no matter what you do there is a level of hard work you put into it. We always see the rewards people receive in society and think of them as gifts or just luck. The reality is that they worked hard to get themselves to the point where they could succeed, where they were in the right place at the right time. My Dad always says to get invested in what you are doing, become the go to guy, put in the work. I guess in a lot of ways I've been looking for an easy way out. I should really just be looking for what makes me happy, what gives me a sense of enjoyment and satisfaction.

My coworker also mentioned "The Art of the Start" by Guy Kawasaki. I'm going to look into that and potentially start reading through it. It sounds like a very positive and perspective changing book.

No comments: